Join The Team
The Miracle League at Cypress Mounds relies on our amazing volunteers to help us deliver a positive, safe and enjoyable experience for our athletes. Volunteering with The Miracle League is a great way to gain experience working with children with disabilities and to give back to the community.
There are a number of volunteer opportunities available – we hope you’ll join us!
- Buddies – Assist and protect a player during the game. Each buddy will be assigned a player for the entire season. Buddies will make a commitment to the player to participate in all games and arrive 30 minutes prior to the game. Buddies can specify in their registration if they would like to be a Substitute Buddy. While not assigned to a player full-time, they will be assigned to a team, and will assist the coach by filling in for absent buddies or general assistance in the dugout during games.
- Coaches – Two coaches are assigned to each team. Coaches are required to arrive 30 minutes before their game and turn in a lineup to the announcer. Coaches set out and pick up all equipment for games, manage attendance and participation of players and buddies on their assigned team, ensure every player has a buddy for every game, provide guidance, encouragement and compassion to the players and buddies and help ensure the games run smoothly each week. Games last for one hour, and there are no practices. Coaches should be prepared to attend every game.
- Umpires – Start and end the game on time. Ensure games run at a continuous pace by allowing batters 3 pitched balls then placing the ball on the tee for the batter to hit. Call runners safe. Umpires provide support and encouragement to athletes as they round the bases and assist with safety and equipment. They will also ensure that all players have buddies by their side prior to the start of every inning.
- Announcers – Announce the players over the sound system and keep games on time.
- Video Board Operator – Operate video board with player pictures as they come up to bat and with special effects.
- Greeters – Greet and encourage all Miracle League players and family at the drop off area in front of the Cypress Mounds entrance pavilion. Wait with players who have been dropped off while parents park their vehicles or ensure they enter the park safely. This is an important aspect of volunteering for The Miracle League. Parents of players have come to rely on these greeters so that they know they can leave their child while they park their car! The players have to come to love the high fives and cheers they get when entering!
Volunteers must be at least 13 years of age. No prior experience is needed.
Fall 2018 Season Information
League dates: March 19, 2019 – May 23, 2019
Game night: Tuesday and Thursday nights (At this time, 13 years and under will play on Tuesdays & 14 years and older will play on Thursdays)
Registration Deadline: February 28, 2019
Volunteer orientation is REQUIRED for all new volunteers – information on how this will take place will be emailed to new registrants.
If you have questions or want more information about volunteering, please contact our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
***When registering you must create an account or log in to your existing account. It is best to create the account in the parent’s name and add players as participants on the account. To register a player, go to participants and click on “sign-up” to the right of that players name.